Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wrapping up - one week left!!!

Hello, my dear readers!

It is officially T-minus one week until I return home, and I’m starting to get SO EXCITED to come back!!! It’s a very exciting time in general, though – I mean, Christmas is right around the corner, classes are ending, people are leaving for the states, etc. But I cannot wait to be back home in my own bed in my own house in my own hometown by my own city – Boston!!!!!! : )

I was walking through Habana Vieja yesterday, and felt so good to be enjoying the city, knowing that I only had a few days left there. I got to go to the Feria, stopped by a used bookseller’s stall who had property deeds and certificates from Cuban families back in the 50s, which was SO cool to look at, and just walked around and allowed myself to wander through the busy streets of a very alive city. I know I’ll miss this place, but there is really no place like home. Dorothy SO had it right!

Last night, the Sarah Lawrence girls upstairs left for home, and everyone was crying and really upset to be going. I don’t yet know how I’ll react – I’m sure I’ll cry a bit, but mostly because I’ll miss the people here, but I can definitely keep in touch. I love Cuba, but Boston is the city that has my heart. Cuba is taking second place for me.

This week as I’m wrapping up classes, I’m wishing and hoping that everyone back home is getting through paper-writing and gift-wrapping. Here, I’ll be going to some classes, just soaking up knowledge (and doing an oral evaluation on Tuesday!), and enjoying my remaining time here. It has been a wonderful and crazy ride, but this has been the experience of a lifetime, and I thank God that I had the opportunity to see all that I have in this country.

That said, thank you so much for all your attention during this semester and your readership. I love you all and can’t wait to see you VERY SOON!

Love,
Christina : )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunshine I can't wait to hold you in my arms, make sure you're O.K. and hug you and kiss you to pieces. It's like meeting you for the first time all over again. I am so looking forward to it!!!!

Love,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina,

Can't wait to see you when you get home! Home is such a special word when you have been away for so long. You seem to have a knack for traveling in bad weather! I hope you make it home before the storm expected for Sunday night. I will pray for your safe return to a night of rest in your bed at home! Remember we have to set a date for a Thanksgiving dinner! I love you! Auntie 'Retta

Michelle said...

i miss you, i love you. i can't wait to see you again x

:))))

Trevor F said...

YOU'RE HOME SO SOON CHICA SO SOON SO SOON ITS VERY EXCITING!!!! PROMISE ME YOU'LL CALL ME WHEN YOU'RE BACK HOLY CRAP YOURE COMING BACK!!!!

- A VERY EXCITED TREVOR!